Tiki Bar Happy Hour: The Spinnaker Swizzle
If you are looking for a new cocktail to add to your tiki arsenal this summer, this month’s Esquire has one recommendation: the Spinnaker Swizzle. This tiki cocktail recipe features bitters and Grand Marnier, if those happen to be twists that delight your palate.
Combine in a tall (12- to 16-oz) glass:
- 1 ½ oz aged, light-bodied rum (such as Cruzan Single Barrel or Flor de Caña 7-year-old)
- 1 oz Linie Aquavit
- ½ oz Grand Marnier
- ½ oz rich simple syrup (made by stirring 1 cup demerara or other raw sugar and ½ cup water over low heat until sugar has dissolved, letting it cool, and bottling it)
- 1 oz fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 3 dashes Angostura bitters
- Fill with shaved ice, stir until the glass frosts, add more ice, garnish with a sprig of mint.
Mix one up and test it out! If you stumble upon any tweaks that make it even better, please share in the comments!